My name is Betsy, and I am a dork.
Here are 10 things that may be helpful to know about me:
1. "...I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me:" (-Galations 2:20)
2. I am from a large homeschoolin' family. We're kind of awesome.
3. I'm really awkward,but hopefully in a somewhat lovable way. I hear the trait can be endearing. Who knows. Either way,I'm awkward. And okay with it. And no, it is not the result of said homeschooling. I can interact. I have friends. I promise :)
4. I craft. I love to craft. I need to craft. Bookbinding, jewelry making, hair accessory making,anything. I like to craft. A lot. Micheals and Hobby Lobby are like drugs. I crave craft supplies like some crave crack.
|I made this headband while watching "Chuck" one night and I love it! Must find more satin...|
5. I have developed somewhat of an odd penchant for British indie folk rock. I love it. It's wonderful. They have "real" lyrics(Some of them,anyways...),they're catchy, and they're not auto-tuned. What more could you want,really?
6. I dig community events,festivals, and exploring the area I live in. I am fortunate enough to live close to a pretty happening community, which is nifty. Art festivals, local fireworks shows, the 4th of July parade,zombie walks- it's all fun stuff.
|Community events and city exploring are some of my favorite things.|
7. I get very,very emotionally attached to book, TV and movie characters. VERY. I date some of the men. I weep for the deaths. I have literally screamed at the tv,thrown books. But not just for anything, oh no. You can tell how well something is written/acted by how distressed I am by it. True story.
8. I am a hugger. If I want to hug you,I do. You can call me the hugging bully.
9. I am hoping to start selling crafts with Jonie the Fair soon,and much like her, try to put a dent in the impending college debt that swings oh so precariously on the pendulum of time. In other efforts to evade this debt/buy me crap I also deliver a weekly paper, babysit for some pretty sweet kids, and dish at a local food chain eatery.
|This is one of my recycled notebooks.It's pretty darn cute,gotta be honest.|
10. I take horrible photos of people. Jonie can attest to this. This however, has yet to stop me.
And that, my dear readers, is a basic primer on me! More photos to come, when I have time a decent lighting.Thank you for your time, and keep being fancy!